The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) issued a circular on 3 December 2018 regarding the commencement of the Building Maintenance and Strata Management (Amendment) Act 2017 (“Amendment Act”) on 1 February 2019.
The commencement date of 1 February 2019 applies to all provisions, with the exception of those relating to:
- the appointment of the “official manager” (under the new sections 126A and 126B),
- the requirement of obtaining the Commissioner’s approval of the maximum rate for maintenance charges prior to the sale of a lot (under amended section 18), and
- the use of management fund for social activities and legal services (under amended section 38(3)),
which will be announced at a later date.
Please see below for the following links:
- Summary of key amendments of the Building Maintenance and Strata Management Act (BMSMA)
- BCA’s Briefing Sessions on Amendments to BMSMA
- BCA’s Circular and List of FAQs on Key Areas Arising from the Commencement of Amended BMSMA
- An electronic copy of the BMSMA (Cap 30C)
- An electronic copy of the Building Maintenance and Strata Management (Amendment) Act 2017 (Commencement) Notification 2018
Do you have any comments or issues to share with the community?
Leave A Comment